The Christian MBA program consists of 10 Courses as well as an Integrated Learning Journal and a Technical Report (Thesis). The duration of each course is three months.
|Code||Name of Course||Credits|
|MB 501||Understanding Christian Non-Profit Organizations||2|
|MB 502||Christian Philosophy in Business||2|
|MB 503||Christian Leadership and Change Management||2|
|MB 504||Organizational Culture, Christian Values, Ethics, Morality||2|
|MB 505||Strategic Management||2|
|MB 506||Financial Analysis||2|
|MB 507||Corporate Financial Management||2|
|MB 508||Economics in Business||2|
|MB 509||Operations and IS Management||2|
|MB 510||Project Management||2|
|MB 511||Integrated Learning Journal||2|
|MB 512||Thesis (Technical Report)||12|
|Minimum 11 Courses + 1 Thesis||36 Credits|
The Master’s Degree in Christian Business Administration prepares students for advanced professional competence in a Christian community with the focus on large Christian corporate organizations and Mega Churches.
Upon the successful completion of the Master’s Degree in Christian Business Administration the students should be able to:
- develop a Christian worldview in which attitudes and values are informed by Biblical standards
- have influence, success and a powerful witness in the business world by applying Kingdom principles and understand God’s plan for wealth transfer in the last days
- understand that marketplace ministry is the passion that starts when God connects their career, business, ministry and life purpose into one package
- have relevant knowledge, skills and tools to manage as Christians in a global economy
- be prepared for advanced Christian leadership positions in large Christian organizations and Mega Churches
- acquire a portfolio of managerial and financial skills and competencies for large Church organizations and for business
- transform organizational culture and values, worldviews and mental models in a Biblical way and have sharpened skills in the theory, process, implementation and evaluation of strategic management
- understand income statements and balance sheets, and manage the budget and the cash flow of large Christian organizations and of companies
- understand the aims and functions of financial management, financial analysis, and the management of working capital
Powerhouse College Christian MBA students complete the course work as per the time table provided, using the open book approach. Every MBA student is encouraged to develop valuable personal global networks with other MBA students to aid their learning process.
To evaluate if the specific learning objectives have been met, courses are assessed on the student’s ability to apply knowledge practically in their daily working lives and in individual course work.
A minimum pass rate of 60% per course applies.
Core and Compulsory Evaluation
|Research Paper content||75%|
|Research Paper format & methodology||25%|
*The Evaluation for the Technical Report (Thesis) differs from the above as indicated below.
Technical Report (Thesis) Evaluation
|Research Paper content||60%|
|Research Paper format & methodology||25%|
Students wanting to enter the 36-credit Master’s Degree in Christian Business Administration program must have completed a Bachelor Degree or an equivalent of 120 credit hours.
The Christian MBA online Admission form is available here
Applicants are required to prepare the following documentation prior to completing the Christian MBA online admission form as they need to be uploaded during the capturing of the form.
- A legible certified copy of Identity document or Passport.
- Legible certified copies of full academic reports of post high school learning activities and certificates from such Learning Institutions.
- Two contactable references (not family) that are able to comment on the applicant’s ability and motivation to undertake the coursework and research and who will be part of the candidate’s support and motivation network during the completion of the proposed MBA program.
- Two recent passport photos or two recent head and shoulder photos of the applicant
- A short essay of approximately 450 words describing why you wish to pursue Christian MBA studies and your reasons for considering Powerhouse College online. Include your academic and professional milestones and details of business and management related experience relevant to the proposed MBA study program and describe how they contributed to your development. Also describe your educational and professional goals and specific MBA research interests as well as particulars of previous research activities, (if any).
- Proof of Payment of Admission Fee (USD $50 or ZAR500).
The Christian MBA program is available in the English language only. It is therefore vitally important that the candidate has an above average comprehension of the English language and is able to demonstrate oral and written fluency.
The above admission requirements serve as guidelines only. Submitted proof of post high school learning activities in the form of legible certified copies of full academic reports and certificates will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee in conjunction with the applicant’s admission form to determine whether the admission requirements have been met. Decisions made by the Admissions Committee are final.
Note: Applicants will only be able to commence their Christian MBA studies provided all the Admission requirements have been met and provided in full.
We want to make the dream of obtaining a fully accredited Christian MBA affordable to as many students as possible!
The total fee is $3,600 (ZAR36,000).
BUT: We have a SPECIAL price if you want to enrol today!
A reduced fee of ONLY $2,500 (ZAR25,000)
Registration and Graduation fee = $100 (ZAR1000)
Monthly instalment over 24 months = $100 (ZAR1000) per month. Total $2400 (ZAR24,000)
Other countries fees and instalment options available on request.
All payments are non-refundable.